Face scrubs are great for removing dead skin cells and polishing the skin. They can help reduce red spots and blemishes while softening the skin. As it exfoliates, the face scrub helps to increase circulation and uncover the radiant skin beneath.
Oatmeal and honey have amazing healing qualities separately, so using them together brings amazing results.
Oatmeal is full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, known for moisturizing dry skin.
Honey, on the other hand, is a natural antibiotic, containing healing properties that soothe and clear up the skin.
Mixing the two together is great for gently exfoliating away dead skin cells, making the skin smoother and brighter, as well as healing dry and/or acne prone skin.
It is also super easy to make and the ingredients are not hard to find.
Here’s how to make your own oatmeal face scrub at home.
1. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of finely ground oatmeal and 1 tbsp honey.
2. Add 1 tbsp warm water and mix thoroughly, so the mixture becomes a paste-like consistency.
3. Apply scrub to entire face with fingertips and massage for one minute, then let sit for 4 minutes.
4. Rinse off with a washcloth and warm water.
5. Do this once or twice a week to achieve great results
Also, check out this video tutorial